what's going on?
Keep up-to-date with what's happening in Coraopolis by following The Coraopolis Record. You can read the latest issue on the website (by clicking on the photo to your right) or you can click here to follow their Facebook page.
To keep up-to-date with all local events involving the Coraopolis Business District, you can follow the Coraopolis Business Association on their website by clicking here or follow them on Facebook. They host a community calendar, The Cory Pulse, with an RSS feed for your favorite news aggregator app. Their website also features The Chronicle, with photographs from recent Coraopolis town events you may have missed!
2017 Community Highlights
- Nov 16th. Coraopolis awarded $256,416 grant by PA Commonwealth Financing Authority to upgrade roadways and sidewalks at eight intersections.
- Nov 13th. Sara Sudar's "Bella Bambini Cello and others making Coraopolis a craft spirits town" featured in Trib.
- November 10th. Coraopolis Light-Up Night.
- October 13th. TV Series "Mindhunter", filmed partly in Coraopolis, premiers on Netflix and Coraopolis Youth Creation holds its Fall Family Feast.
- October 9th. TV Pilot "Mulligan" filmed at Barto's Lounge.
- October 6th. "Unconditional" opens at Gilberti Gallery. Amy Short's collection of sculptures and jewelry focuses on the many faces of love without condition. James Tobin provided opening night music.
- October 3rd. Back Burner Bar & Grill opens at 870 4th Avenue.
- September 16. Bella Bambini Cello's Grand Opening; BB Cello was also featured in Good Food Pittsburgh.
- September 2. Raion Zou Grand Opening and Council of Three Rivers Native American Center Performance.
- August 26. Posh Studio Grand Opening Launch Party, Emma Jean's Relics Expansion Party, Coraopolis Pop-Up Market, and Coraopolis Train Station Tour.
- August 12. Back to School Bash, Bliwas Field, Coraopolis Youth Creations.
- August 11. Opening Exhibit of Katie Koenig's "Savoring Realism" at Gilberti Fine Art Studio.
- July 30. Grand Opening of new Walkworks walking route in Coraopolis.
- July 22. Grand Opening of Emma Jean's Relics and Christmas in July Celebration with Mill Street Market, and debut of Coraopolis Business Association's new website and Facebook page.
- July 18. The Coraopolis Train Station Project made the front cover of the Allegheny West Magazine, Montour Edition.
- May 29. Memorial Day Parade.
- May 20. VFW Car Cruise.
- May 11. Mexican Grocery La Poblanita opens in Coraopolis: "Owner Oscar Santiago of Publa, a village in Central Mexico, has been living in Coraopolis for five years... Santiago makes his own sauces. "I have the machines and know how to do it. It's a lot cheaper, so we can keep our prices down, plus it's fresher and tastes better."
- May 3. Article Anchor and Anvil coffee shop opens in Coraopolis: "We want the community to be a gathering place." "In February, Anchor and Anvil opened a large coffee shop on Fifth Avenue, complete with modern decor, comfy couches and two large garage doors that open onto the heart of borough’s business district."
- April 28. Article Chelsea Brings Glamour to Weddings: "Chelsea Szost has moved her Glamorous Productions salon to 5th Avenue in Coraopolis. It's a cutting edge hair salon but she specializes in weddings."
- April 13. Cobblehaus Brewing Co. Opens Friday in Coraopolis: The region gets it next brewery Friday as Cobblehaus Brewing Co. holds its grand opening on the main drag of Fifth Avenue in Coraopolis.
- April 8. Cobblehaus Soft Opening: A long-anticipated evening of lager and laughter, as the brewery opened its doors for the first time.
- March 26. Aerial Silks Launches On 5th Avenue: " Aerial Silks has opened a studio in downtown Coraopolis where Holly Dayton Kirby will teach the skills used in the aerial silks performances in the Circus du Soleil."
- March 25. Music, Art & Politics - Small Business Crawl: An evening on the town was enjoyed by all. Anchor & Anvil hosted musical group 'The New 52'. Gilberti Fine Art Studio hosted "Scratch", Paintings by Kim McAninch. Candidates Lucinda Wade, Ed Pitassi, and Shawn Reed visited the business district, including Relics on 5th and Off the Avenue Antiques. It was a fun night of music, art and getting to know the candidates!
- March 24. Soccer Complex Construction Begins: "The Pittsburgh River Hounds have a major interest in the project... Its vision is an array of three fields this Summer, four more next year, and three more in 2019, for an eventual total of 10. At first, these will be primarily be Soccer fields. But the last three will be flexible, suitable for Lacrosse, Field Hockey and Rugby... Coraopolis merchants are anticipating an economic boost."
- March 23. Coraopolis Youth Creations Clubhouse Grand Opening: Celebrated the Grand Opening of the CYC's new Game Room, The CYC Clubhouse, with a community meet and greet.
- March 19. Cobblehaus Brewing Company Opening in Coraopolis: " Cobblehaus plans to typically have around eight beers on draft, half of which will be Belgian or German Style beers."
- February 27. Anchor & Anvil Coraopolis Location Opens: Soft opening on regular daytime hours. Business is picking up steadily, as the community embraces its new favorite coffee bar.
- February 24. New Physical Therapist Hopes To Serve Elders, Athletes: "Kevin Edwards has opened a Physical Therapy practice in Coraopolis, where he can treat neck, back, knee, ankle, elbow, shoulder and other pains and injuries."
- February 18. Coraopolis art gallery opens, part of downtown renewal: "A sizable crowd turned out last weekend for the grand opening of the Gilberti Fine Art Studio & Gallery, one of the businesses symbolizing the rejuvenation of downtown Coraopolis."
- February 14. Montour Trail Named 2017 "Trail Of Year": "The Montour Trail, which runs from Coraopolis to Clairton and connects to the Great Allegheny Passage all the way to the White House in Washington D.C., has been named 2017's Trail Of The Year by the Department of Conservation & Natural Resources."
- January 16. Study Projects 40% Freight Increases in the Corridor: "A 104 page report from the Southwestern Pennsylvania Planning Commission projects a 40% increase in freight traffic through the McKees Rocks -- Coraopolis -- Monaca -- Airport corridor."