Shawn Reed is a candidate for Mayor for the Borough of Coraopolis.
shawn patrick reed
Born & Raised: McKeesport, Pennsylvania
Resident of Coraopolis: 25 years
Education: McKeesport High School; Robert Morris College; Geneva College
Occupation: Senior Vice President, TrueSense Marketing (Marketing agency focused on non-profit organizations throughout the U.S.)
Previous Work: All-Clad Metalcrafters; The Salvation Army; New Dominion Wilderness School; Writer
Family: Wife Karen (25 years), chef at Trinity School for Ministry
Reason for Candidacy: I love this town. We’ve never wanted to live anywhere else, because we believed in all that Coraopolis had to offer. There are good, caring and dedicated people living here. And we’re blessed with natural advantages: a great history, proximity to Pittsburgh, the airport, and higher education; and we’re small enough to feel like a “town” without sacrificing the benefits of a broader, vibrant region. Everyone who loves this place should find a way to demonstrate that, and be a part of furthering our relevancy and impact. While the Mayor’s role is largely public relations, there is a real opportunity to both serve and lead, connecting others whose goals and vision mirrors ours, and to speak for the men and women who are calling Coraopolis home, whether in family, industry, or future.
There has never been a better time to help honor our past and create our future. We’re not perfect, of course, because no place is. But we have more dedication and opportunity than at any time in our recent past, and I am privileged to play a part in that.
Shawn Patrick Reed
COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
- Founder, Coraopolis Downtown Restoration & Management (DREAM) Team
- Board Chairman/Founding Member: Coraopolis Community Development Foundation
- Project Chairman: Coraopolis Train Station Project
- President, Anglican Diocese of Pittsburgh Board of Trustees
- Mission Volunteer: Salvation Army, Haiti Earthquake Relief; Church building, Trinidad
- Anglican Church of North America: Delegate to Nairobi, Kenya
- The Salvation Army, Western Pennsylvania
- Other boards and community involvement for youth, social service, and civic development